Perfect Winter day soup…
White Bean Soup
Vegetarian, Gluten-free, & Vegan
- 2 15oz cans of White Beans – in a colander rinse the beans under water.
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 1 large Potato (White/Sweet) diced…can substitute with butternut squash
- 2 cloves, fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 large Bayleaf
- 1/4 t Cumin powder
- 1/2 t Garlic powder
- 1 t Badia Sazon or 1/2 a packet
- 1/2 t Kosher salt
- 1/2 t Tumeric powder
- A tiny pinch of Red Pepper flakes
- 2 pinches – dashes of Black pepper
- 1 T Tomato paste
Saute onions, green pepper, add garlic towards the end, do not brown the garlic.
Add all of the ingredients to the pot and add 4 cups of water, stir.
Cover and simmer the soup for 1.5- 2 hours.
Creamy Vegan & Gluten-free Mac & Cheese w/Broccoli –
This will be my go-to pot-luck casserole dish… everyone wil love.
- 6 oz. of Penne Brown Rice Pasta – cooked
- 1/2 cup of Cashew Milk (or Hemp/Almond Milk)
- Fresh or frozen broccoli
- Garlic clove (minched)
- Daiya Vegan Cheese (Shredded Mozzerella & Cheddar) – generous handful of each.
- Salt & Pepper
Mince the garlic and heat in a saucepan add Cashew Milk, stir, add Cheese to Milk and stir til blended, add dash salt & black pepper then add penne pasta, stir the add broccoli….serve.
My latest great find:
Excellent tahini mix: Barron Tahini – pure ground sesame – $12/2 16 oz jars, on Amazon.
Easy prep: add equal amount water to mixture, add 1 clove of garlic, 1-2 T of fresh Lemon juice, salt & blend. Some add parsley. It can be made thicker by using less water. Perfect dressing for falafel salad, green salad, celery, cukes, etc.
While eating gluten free is not a choice for me, I am choosing vegan eating as well. Naturally, it’s a challenge… I’ve always loved cheese – meat, nah, never been a fan of it.
Thankful for all of the options, blogs, etc. which make it easier.