Simple fav of mine…tomato & mayo. I’ve been enjoying this fresh fruit of the season almost daily for past 2.5 weeks! Sliced thick, use your fav spread (s). Above, I also spread guac on it and had with side of dill pickles….yum! Gluten-free bread tends to be small so one thick slice of tomato = perfect fit!.
Perfect Winter day soup…
White Bean Soup
Vegetarian, Gluten-free, & Vegan
- 2 15oz cans of White Beans – in a colander rinse the beans under water.
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 1 large Potato (White/Sweet) diced…can substitute with butternut squash
- 2 cloves, fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 large Bayleaf
- 1/4 t Cumin powder
- 1/2 t Garlic powder
- 1 t Badia Sazon or 1/2 a packet
- 1/2 t Kosher salt
- 1/2 t Tumeric powder
- A tiny pinch of Red Pepper flakes
- 2 pinches – dashes of Black pepper
- 1 T Tomato paste
Saute onions, green pepper, add garlic towards the end, do not brown the garlic.
Add all of the ingredients to the pot and add 4 cups of water, stir.
Cover and simmer the soup for 1.5- 2 hours.